Monday, November 14, 2011

Cucumber, carrot and onion pickle~



4-5 English cucumbers
1 carrot
1 medium onion
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
2 cups white vinegar
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons pickling spice mix

Slice veges in 1/2 inch thick.
In a big pot, add water, sugar, vinegar and salt, bring to a boil and let cool slightly (about 10 minutes).
Mix in picking spice and pour over the veges while it is still hot.
Stir occationally and let cool to room temperture.
Store in a refrigerator.
(You might think that the vinegar mixture is insufficient
but the veges are going to release the moisture so it will be just right.^^)

You can eat the cucumber after two days,  the onion and carrot will be done by the day 4.








No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi~ my name is Jungah living in Korea~ Love to cook and take pictures~ Enjoy your time here~*^^* I had this site www.koreankitchen.com, and I'm closing up now~~ and moving the recipe to my blog.